Hand-crafted Sarees, Dupattas & More...
For the first time, Ethnic Collage is curating a collection of hand-crafted sarees, dupattas, and apparel at Thari 2017. This exhibition will showcase the works of designers who work on different weaves and techniques.
At Thari 2017, you will see a fusion of weaves, designs, and creativity that tell a story close to your heart..
- Linen sarees that bring to life the Pichwai art of Nathdwara
- Dupattas on which Gond artists have transformed their ritual performing arts into a new tradition of figurative and narrative visual art
- Uniquely created sarees that portray ethnicity on modern-day clothing
- Patolas an Paithanis brought to life by the creative craftsmen
- Patchwork sarees that bring together different fabrics
- Bangla weaves on Cotton Linen and Khadi.
You will be unable to say no to the urban take on traditional ikat weaves that is showcased in the Bhagalpur Linens finished with Ikats, Dhaka muslin and Bengal cotton khadi sarees with Ikat details. You will also find the weaves sarees from Chettinad, Negamam, and Begampur in bright and subtle hues.
The hand-block printed Mulmul, Kota Doria, Silk Chanderi, and Tussar are a definite addition to your wardrobe. Don’t miss out the Kotpad, Uppada, Tussar, Ajrakh, Linen, Khadi Cotton, Maheshwari, Chanderi, Indigo, Mughal Printed Maheshwari, and Gond Painted sarees.
Do you fancy apparels? We have something for you too! Look out for the Kurtas and Stitched apparels in Khadi and other handwoven materials.
Location: Hotel Avenue Center, Panampilly Nagar, Kochi, India 682036
Date: Dec 8 at 11 AM to Dec 10 at 5 PM