So, you are interested in contributing to KochiBuzz. Good call!
Here’s why you should join us.
- Work at your will, no questions asked
We’re not the type who will stick their necks over your shoulders while at work or ban you from using Facebook! Ouch. That is so 2008! In fact, we don’t care where you work from. You want to work from the comfort of your home? Sure thing.
- Collaboration is everything!
We work using all the new tools that lets you collaborate as a team in a fun way, no matter where we sit. As long as you have a good internet connection and know how to use these tools (think Skype, Google Docs etc), you’re good!
- All the fun stuff!
We don’t deal with boring stuff. Like politics and shit. Eat outs? Yes. Fashion, Oh Yeah! Movies? Hell Yeah! If you have an interest and flair for such fun stuff, let’s talk.
- Write your heart out.
We’re not the kind of media house that has restrictions on every lame thing. If you think people will like it and you’re not hurting anyone purposefully, say it. Say it loud! We want to write stories that make people think, cry, smile or laugh. Simple as that. Social reform? Another day.
- Have fun, Earn good!
We are not looking for journos with 15 years of experience. We’re looking for freshers and people with new ideas and hunger. To do things differently and not be scared about it. And have fun while doing so. We pay well for that. We want you to be proud of what you did while with us and use it as an experiment.
- It’s ok to fail.
Don’t get me wrong. We have targets for sure. But you set it. Not us. You tell us how much you can contribute, what you want to do and how. We’ll provide you with everything to make that happen. But we know that it is important to fail. Trying hard is more important. And we value that more than anything!
- An opportunity to work with our world class team
Our team comes with world class experience running media entities in the Silicon Valley and Middle East. We are excited to execute in Kochi.
What we’re looking for
Freshers and quick starters with talent who are looking for a break.
We need content contributors, who can work remotely from the comfort of their home.
We shall give you content ideas and necessary supporting raw material. You do your magic from home and deliver when it’s time.
We have high quality standards, so prepare to get a lot of suggestions and criticism. But we have guidelines and editorial policies in the first place, so you know what to expect and what is expected of you.
An ideal person would…
- Can work from home easily and deliver what is required without being prompted.
- Has a flair for writing and has got their work published somewhere – College magazine, blogs etc (Twitter bio, excluded)
- Is a fresher or college student willing to learn and make an impact.
- Know everything about what’s happening in Kochi. Movies, Fashion biz, Art… and skims through them.
- Know how to find unique angles in stories and rewrite them in your own unique way.
- Loves memes, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit – Not necessarily in that order.
- Knows how to work with Google Docs, Skype, Slack etc. (We’ll teach anyways)
- Is a master of words. No, Wizard. No, Master craftsman. (See we need help.)
- Is fun to work with. (And get it validated by others, not yourself.)
Shoot us your bio at email@example.com